18/6/2016 - 18/9/2016
Save the Children
The overall goal of the project is to enable vulnerable refugees and asylum seekers in Greece to exercise their legal and social rights and to ensure access to their enjoyment. Within this framework, GCR proposes a project which will support asylum seekers and persons in need of international protection to access the protective services they deserve. This will be attained through the proposed holistic services and activities hereby outlined. The beneficiaries of the project are persons in need of international protection in the first-line reception centres inside and around the territorial division of Thessaloniki, with a particular focus on the identification and support of those most vulnerable amongst them, such as UASC, single-headed families, families with members who have health issues and/or disabilities, and families with many members. Unaccompanied children are considered to be an extremely vulnerable group considering the lack of appropriate alternative care and protection, and the inadequacy of legal and psycho-social supporting mechanisms. All the activities outlined in the proposal will commence immediately, due to the emergency situation that the project addresses.
1. Provision of legal information and counselling: Vulnerable beneficiaries will be informed on his/her rights and receive advice;
2. Interview and assessment of cases;
3. Provision of legal aid: Beneficiaries with a valid claim for asylum will be supported throughout the asylum procedure (where applicable, considering the time-consuming asylum procedures);
4. Provision of psycho-social support, identification and counselling to the most vulnerable amongst them;
5. Representation of asylum seekers before first instance asylum procedure (where applicable);
6. Provision of interpretation services.
1. Provision of legal information, legal counselling and aid
2. Provision of information, psycho-social counselling and support